Dear Julie Morgan MP I am writing to thank you for voting last week against the government’s plans to replace Trident. Although the government’s motion passed, opposition to Trident replacement remains very high throughout Britain.
A recent Populus / More 4 News poll shows that 72% of the public do not want Britain to replace Trident now.
I will continue campaigning against the government’s hugely unpopular decision to replace Trident, and I ask that you continue in your principled opposition to the plan. The government has admitted that last week’s decision is reversible, and I hope that you will do everything in your power to make sure that it is reversed.
I would also like you to raise the question of multilateral disarmament initiatives with the government. The NPT Preparatory Committee is meeting in Vienna in May, and I would like to know what initiatives the government is proposing to comply with its disarmament commitments.
Please write back to let me know how you plan to proceed on this issue.
Thank you once again for saying ‘no’ to a nuclear future. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Write to Your MP Regarding the Vote on Trident Replacement
Click here to see a list of MPs who voted against the government’s plans for Trident replacement. Click here for a list of MPs who voted for an amendment stating that the case for Trident replacement has not been proven.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment