Saturday, April 7, 2007

Sack Justice Roderick Evans


I was horrified to read Rapist freed as girl, 10, 'looked older (Apr 5 2007 Western Mail) Mr Justice Roderick Evans, one of Wales' most senior judges should be sacked for sparing a 20-YEAR-OLD man who had sex with a girl of 10 because his victim looked older. Unlike the judge I find this impossible to understand. We have heard a lot about the sexualisation and commercialisation of childhood but blaming the child is disgraceful. Vulnerable young people need protection from men like this. The onus should be on the adult to ensure that their sexual partners are ‘of age’.

If people are racist or homophobic they are castigated straight away but overt sexism is not condemned. I hope that you and the Equal Opportunities Commission in Wales will also call for Justice Roderick Evans to be sacked along with the candidates for the Welsh Assembly.

Is this the same guy?
"Drunken consent is still consent," Mr Justice Roderick Evans told the jury. Ryairi Dougal was cleared of rape in a landmark case last year because his alleged victim was too drunk to recall events.

Women Against Rape

No comments: